31 Aug Amazing Benefits Of Having Meditation Habits
Meditation is the act of remaining silent and calm and focusing on one particular thing. Today, meditation is the buzzing word and has gained traction because of the huge positive impact it has on one’s health amidst all the earthly hustles and bustles. Meditation benefits the physical and mental functioning of the body.
Physical benefits of meditating
The physical benefits of meditation can be enjoyed right after the first session of meditation.
- Meditation helps to lower the blood pressure and blood lactate.
- Meditation is effective in healing lifestyle and tension-related problems like headaches and ulcers and sleep disorders.
- Meditation improves your mood levels and combats mood swings. This is because of the increased production of serotonin when you meditate.
- Meditation boosts up the overall immune system and cardiovascular strength.
- Meditation is of greater help in treating irritable bowel syndrome.
Mental benefits of meditation:
- As you focus on one particular thing when you meditate, your thoughts become clear and you gain internal peace of mind.
- Meditation relaxes the emotional centers of the brain which makes you feel joyful, forgiving and compassionate.
- Meditation pauses the constant stimuli to the brain and hence relieves you from stress, depression and anxiety.
- The mental peace gained through meditation paves way for increased creativity and intuition.
- A state of emotional stability happens when you regularly practice meditation.
- Meditation controls your anger and makes you happier.
- You become more attentive and your memory gets sharpened.
Some pointers for an effective meditation session
If you are a beginner, the following tips can help you meditate easier.
- While you can meditate during any time of the day, it will be a great idea to stick to one particular time; preferably early in the morning before your busy day starts. This will give you all the needed focus and attention for a productive ahead.
- Mediate in a dimly lit room and not in a dark room. A dark room with one single source of dim light helps you focus better.
- Keep the room well ventilated.
- Do not meditate after a meal.
- Do not have coffee before meditating.
Mediation has been substantiated by science too. An MRI image of the brain shows a complete positive change during meditation that helps in relaxing the entire body. So what are you waiting for? Enroll for a meditation course under a seasoned practitioner and enjoy a stress-free life where all the worldly problems look small.